Many of us girls own a few "cheap" silver pieces. By "cheap", I mean ones from Forever 21, H&M, Aldo, etc. These are obviously considered "fake silver" and they rust so quickly and easily! A simple way to remove rust from cheap silver is to use toothpaste. : ) Please don't use this method on your expensive pieces... -_-'
- Squeeze a pea-sized amount of toothpaste onto your fingertip.
- Rub the toothpaste all over your silver gently. You'll notice the rust coming off on your fingertips and you'll smell that disgusting "blood"/metal smell. Ick.
- Rinse the toothpaste off and VOILA! You've got brand new, shiny silver again. : )
For your other "better" silver, I recommend using baking soda. It really works! I tried this method out a few months ago, but didn't take any photos. Sorry!
- Line a bowl with aluminum foil (shiny side up).
- Put your tarnished silver into the bowl.
- Put a tablespoon of baking soda on top of the jewelry.
- Pour boiling water over it.
- Watch it fizzle and melt away the tarnish. ; )
Oh and silver polisher always helps if you don't trust these "homemade" methods.
Hope this helps!