So I'm heading to SF & Hawaii soon and need a few tips from my US friends on where to shop & eat. : ) I'll be in SF for a week and Hawaii for five days. My questions are mainly for the SF folks since I'll be staying there longer. (And they're mostly about food since one of my favourite pastimes is eating...)
My boyfriend & I would like to know the best (or your fave) places in San Francisco for...
- dim sum
- a Hong Kong style restaurant
- a good brunch/breakfast place (We'll definitely be going to iHop even though we have a location here.)
- other places to eat in the morning?
- sushi (we like all-you-can-eat places!)
- a pho place
- a good izakaya
- a popular restaurant everyone MUST try
- a popular bubble tea (boba) restaurant where people go there to sit, drink, chill, use the wi-fi, etc. (Not sure if they have those in the US??)
- seafood/oysters restaurant (We're thinking of going to the Fisherman's Wharf for this. We just need a good recommendation.)
OTHER TYPES OF FOOD
We're open to anything here. Fun foods like froyo, crepes & other desserts, unique places, etc.
We kind of have an idea of where to go since these things are easy to Google. Market St., right? And we'll probably visit a mall or two, etc. The brand name/designer stuff are what we're going for since it'll be cheaper for us in the US. I'm actually looking for the Ann Taylor Perfect Pumps, but the store locator says they don't sell shoes at the SF locations? :S
THINGS TO DO
Golden Gate Bridge, Aquarium of the Bay.... etc. We're open to anything when it comes to this touristy stuff.
P.S. We'll be in downtown SF.
And for Hawaii...
We don't have many questions about Hawaii mainly because we think we're just gonna be relaxing on the beaches. We'll be staying in Kona, so if you have any suggestions for activities and restaurants, etc., please let us know!
Thank you so much for reading this and answering our questions! Feel free to email me if you have more suggestions. My boyfriend & I really appreciate your help. : )